Wondering if you should see a chiropractor in Colchester?

Wondering if you should see a chiropractor in Colchester?

Should You See a Chiropractor in Colchester CT

Wondering if you should see a Colchester chiropractor? The answer is yes. Up to 80% of the population will experience low back pain at some point in their lifetime. Back pain can affect people of all ages, from adolescents to elderly and yet back pain has become normalized in our society. However, back pain is not just "a part of life." It should not be something that we just have to deal with. Pain is your body's warning sign that something is wrong. These warning signs should not be ignored! Chiropractic treatment can greatly benefit someone suffering from back pain. Spinal manipulation can restore your spine's proper alignment, relieve built up pressure on your vertebrae and alleviate pain. The federal Agency for Health Care Policy and Research recommends spinal manipulation as the only safe and effective, drugless form of initial professional treatment for acute low back problems in adults. If you suffer from back pain, your body is trying to tell you that something is wrong and chiropractic may be the right choice for you.

Additionally, chiropractic care can be beneficial for those suffering from neck pain and headaches or migraines. The American Chiropractic Association reports that nine out of ten Americans suffer from headaches. They state that 5% of headaches are warning signals caused by physical problems, however, the other 95% are associated with muscle tension in the neck, a cervicogenic headache. Chiropractic adjustments address subluxations in the neck, which may help relieve the muscle tension that is causing your headaches. This can help decrease headache intensity and frequency. A 2011 Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics found that chiropractic care, including spinal manipulation, improves migraine and cervicogenic headaches. Chiropractic addresses the root cause of your symptoms and it is a drug-free, alternative approach to treating neck pain, headaches and migraines.

In the United States over 23% of adults, 54 million people, have arthritis. Within those 54 million about half are limited in their activities due to their arthritis and more than 1 in 4 report severe joint pain. If this is something you can relate to, chiropractic care might be the right choice. Although chiropractors are most well-known for spinal manipulation, there are more than 150 techniques that chiropractors use to manually adjust the spine, joints and muscles. Robert Hayden, DC, PhD states "The place where chiropractic really shines is in maximizing the function of an arthritic joint. Our goal is to restore patients' function so they can have the kind of life they want." Chiropractic can help alleviate pain and improve the mobility of any joint in your body. Our joints are so important to living a happy, healthy life, so why wouldn't you want to keep them as healthy as possible?

The bottom line is pain is not normal, it is a warning sign that something is wrong. Chiropractic care works directly to identify and treat the root cause of your symptoms and, consequently, alleviate pain. Chances are you are that you are a part of that 80%, that 9 out of 10, or one of the 54 million people suffering right now. There is simply no reason to be living in pain. If you want change, go see a chiropractor near you today.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact our Colchester team today at Casey Chiropractic.

OFFICE HOURS
adjustment times may vary


Monday
9:00am - 6:00pm


Tuesday
9:00am - 6:00pm


Wednesday
9:00am - 6:00pm


Thursday
9:00am - 6:00pm


Friday
9:00am - 6:00pm


Saturday
Closed

Casey Chiropractic
16 Wall Street
Colchester, CT 06415
(860) 537-2202